Monday 31 August 2009

Damai - Gunung Gading - Pandan Beach

I have been driving sooo much... last weekend alone, I drove to Damai on Saturday and Lundu on Sunday. Ok.. I'll be the first to admit my driving needs to be improved.. but I got everyone there and back safely on both days. Not sure what my passengers would say though..

On Saturday, all the Imperial people in Kuching went to Damai to see the beach. First, I had to pick up Chee Chung and Kuo Jian at Jalan Song.. Omg.. took me forever to find their house. Then I went past Phoebe's house and had to turn around. We proceeded to Chong Choon for laksa and I kinda took a wrong turning.. No matter.. we made it to Damai, ate lunch at Buntal, went to Song Kheng Hai for sugarcane and coconut.. too bad Sunny Hill was closed so no ice cream.

Sadly, I don't have any photos from Damai.. and my photos from Lundu are quite sucky.. this is what happens when you're too lazy to use a camera.. or when no one wants to take charge.. Anyway, it's supposed to take 3 hours to reach the peak of Gunung Gading. Since it was a family trip, we made it as far as the first waterfall only which took about 30 minutes.

Wth.. no photo of the waterfall itself..

Just chilling on a rock.

The family minus me.

Just in case.. park rescue team contact: 735144

Rafflesia- not in bloom this time of the year.

Sweaty, sunny afternoon.

Well.. that was it.. went to Pandan beach after.. again no pictures at the beach. Celaka. I was the only one who swam since I brought extra clothes and a towel. Brother read a book, Dad just walked around and Mom sat in the car in front of the air-con. Sighz.. I feel so unfulfilled... and inspired to return to Gunung Gading and reach the peak!!! If not this year, then next summer because people are leaving already..

No comments:

Post a Comment